[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
Main Menu
Home::
Journal Information::
Articles archive::
For Authors::
For Reviewers::
Registration::
Contact us::
Site Facilities::
Indexing & Abstracting::
::
Search in website

Advanced Search
..
Receive site information
Enter your Email in the following box to receive the site news and information.
..
Creative commons

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

..

Search published articles


Showing 2 results for Adib

Bahman Bashardoost , Azizollah Adib , Ziba Faaalpoor , Maryam Gavami Nashr,
Volume 7, Issue 1 (spring 2007)
Abstract

  Background & Objectives: Hypertension is one of the major factors of cardiovascular diseases among hemodialysis patients which shoes its effect along with vascular changes. 75-80% of the patients with ESRD are hypertensive. Despite many available druge to decrease the blood pressure, many of these patients remain hypertensive. The major cause Of Hypertension is the increase in the blood volume which is due to the water and salt retention in the body. It doesn't seem that the uptake of body's fluid for a short period can have a remarkable effect on the pressure.

  Methods: This descriptive analytic study was done on 80 hemodialysis patients who were under trearment at Buali hospital. First patients were investigated according to age, sex, frequency of dialysis in the week and dialysis duration. These for each patient the blood pressure before and during dialysis and weight changes before and after dialysis with two consectiue sessions were measured. Calculated and MAP was determined. Finally data was analyzed through SPSS.

  Results: 48 out of 74 patients (64.9%) had hypertension. Blood pressure was controlled in 41 patients (55.4%). Age, sex, dialysis period and sessions of dialysis did not have a significant relationship with hypertension control. The study showed a high prevalence of high blood pressure in hemodialysis patients (64.9%). The blood pressure was not controlled in the majority of patients (44.6%).

  Conclusion: Patients' weight changes have no significant effect on hypertension. This shows that the causes for blood pressure can be due to other causes different from increase in the blood volume among hemodialysis patients and perhaps the chronic blood volume increase is not related to hypertension.


Bita Shahbazzadegan , Rabiollah Farmanbar, Atefeh Ghanbari , Zahra Atrkar Roshan , Masoumeh Adib ,
Volume 8, Issue 4 (Winter 2008)
Abstract

  Background & Objectives: With regards to the importance of health and Quality of Life improvement in the elderly in relation with physical activity and self esteem, the aim of this study was to determine the effect of programmed exercise on the self esteem of elderly residents in the nursing home of Rasht city in 2008.

  Methods: This study included a pretest and post test on 32 qualified samples. The Rosenberg self esteem scale were filled by them. Then, they attended a programmed exercise for one month. The scale was filled again by participants. The collected pre-test and pot-test data were analyzed using a-t-test SPSS software.

  Results: The average age of the participants was 73.53 (± 8.31). Most of them were widowed, 43.8% had no children, 87.5% were uneducated and the rest (12.5%) had a primary level of education. 37.2 of them had resided in the nursing home for less than one year and their average of residence was 1357±17.11 days. The source of income for 59.4% of participants was through children and relations. 27 persons (84.4%) had frequent visits with relations. 34.4% of them had a disease in history. There were significant correlations between number of children, marriage, education and job and number of previous jobs, gender job and education and number of previous job, visit frequency and education and time of the last visit. The correlation between sums of self esteem scores before and after the exercise was positive and significant and 22.81±4.84 Average of self esteem score before and after programmed exercise was 26.84±4.35.

  Conclusion: Regular exercise is effective in improving the self-esteem among the elderly and it can recommend to the elderly as a safe and cheap method.



Page 1 from 1     

مجله دانشگاه علوم پزشکی اردبیل Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.14 seconds with 30 queries by YEKTAWEB 3986