[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 2, Issue 4 (Winter 2002) ::
J Ardabil Univ Med Sci 2002, 2(4): 7-11 Back to browse issues page
Comparative Survey on Mistake Rate Between Educators with Optometrists Examinations in Performance Amblyopia Research in Ardabil Province, 2002
Firooz Amani , Saeid Sadeghieh, Ahad Azami, Habib Ojaghi
Abstract:   (8443 Views)

 Background & Objective: In order to avoid amblyopia, the welfare organization of Iran performs a special program every year. Since there was no research regarding the mistake rates made by the educators, this study was conducted to determine the probable differences between educators and optometrists in terms of their mistakes in examining amblyopia. The study aimed also at decreasing the amount of this difference and programming for the better performance of amblyopia examination in the future.

 Methods: This study was performed on 260 children in 22 nursery schools of Ardabil using systematic sampling method. These children were first examined by the educators and after some time they were examined for a second time by optometrists using retinoscopy and the fingertip. The data was collected using a questionnaire filled out by both the educators and the optometrists. This data was then analyzed by X2 tests and ANOVA using SPSS program.

 Results: 51.2% of the subjects were male and the rest of them (48.8%) were female. 63.5% of the nursery schools (day- care centers) were private and the others were run by the ministry of education. 13.8% of the subjects used eye glasses and 8.1% were under the control of a physician. 36.4% of the centers did not observe the standard interval. 18.8% of the educators were not skillful enough. 17.7% of the children suffered from astigmatism and 5.3% of them had a weak eyesight. Because of these factors, there was a 17.7% difference between the examination of educators and that of the optometrists.

 Conclusions: It seems necessary for the authorities to have better and more careful programs in the future for examining amblyopia.

Keywords: Amblyopia, Mistake in examining eyesight, Strabism
Full-Text [PDF 1213 kb]   (750 Downloads)    
Type of Study: article | Subject: Special
Received: 2003/01/31 | Accepted: 2003/06/12 | Published: 2003/06/14
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA


XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Amani F, Sadeghieh S, Azami A, Ojaghi H. Comparative Survey on Mistake Rate Between Educators with Optometrists Examinations in Performance Amblyopia Research in Ardabil Province, 2002. J Ardabil Univ Med Sci. 2002; 2 (4) :7-11
URL: http://jarums.arums.ac.ir/article-1-542-en.html


Volume 2, Issue 4 (Winter 2002) Back to browse issues page
مجله دانشگاه علوم پزشکی اردبیل Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.11 seconds with 32 queries by YEKTAWEB 3925