[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 3, Issue 3 (Autumn 2003) ::
J Ardabil Univ Med Sci 2003, 3(3): 27-32 Back to browse issues page
A Survey on Hypertension Controlling in Type II Diabetic Patients Referring to Diabetes Clinic of Bou-ali Hospital, Ardabil
Seyedhashem Sezavar , Leili Abbaszadeh, Adalat Hosseinian, Manoochehr Iranparvar, Minaye Khodamoradzadeh
Abstract:   (11861 Views)

 Background & Objective: Hypertension and diabetes mellitus coexist more commonly than predicted by chance and the synergistic effect of these two diseases is the cause of early disability and high rate of mortality in these patients. Controlling the blood pressure has a critical role in decreasing cardiovascular mortality in diabetic hypertensive cases. The goal of this study is to determine the rate of recognition and treatment of hypertension in type II diabetic subjects referring to diabetes clinic of Bou-ali hospital, Ardabil.

 Methods: In this cross-sectional study 300 type II diabetic patients were examined in terms of blood pressure control.

 Results: The patients who participated in this study ranged between 28 to 80 years of age (mean: 55.5 ± 11.4). About 61.6% of diabetic patients had hypertension (BP>140/ 90 mmHg) 76.7% of these patients were aware of their hypertension. Only 8.8% of these patients with hypertension had a well-controlled blood pressure and the rest of them (91.2%) had a poorly- controlled blood pressure (BP>130/80 mmHg). About 21.8% of hypertensive diabetics although aware of their hypertension were not on any anti- hypertensive agents.

 Conclusions: This study indicates poor control of hypertension in diabetic patients. It seems that reconsidering CME programs for the physicians, emphasizing the control of risk factors especially in high-risk groups and educating the diabetic patients will improve the control of hypertension in these patients.

Keywords: Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Good Control, Poor Control
Full-Text [PDF 1456 kb]   (1340 Downloads)    
Type of Study: article | Subject: Special
Received: 2000/08/29 | Accepted: 2003/10/11 | Published: 2004/03/5
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA


XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Sezavar S, Abbaszadeh L, Hosseinian A, Iranparvar M, Khodamoradzadeh M. A Survey on Hypertension Controlling in Type II Diabetic Patients Referring to Diabetes Clinic of Bou-ali Hospital, Ardabil. J Ardabil Univ Med Sci. 2003; 3 (3) :27-32
URL: http://jarums.arums.ac.ir/article-1-519-en.html


Volume 3, Issue 3 (Autumn 2003) Back to browse issues page
مجله دانشگاه علوم پزشکی اردبیل Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.08 seconds with 30 queries by YEKTAWEB 4227